Expiry Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Facility Staff Monarch Park Stadium and Central Tech Stadium – Toronto, ON, Part-Time Position
Toronto’s newest and most innovative sports facilities are Monarch Park Stadium and Central Tech Stadium. These $5 million+ facilities are conveniently located in Toronto’s east end and downtown core, respectively. Just steps away from transit and, MPS and CTS are Toronto’s fastest growing destinations for competitive sport and community recreation. Both facilities offer users a state-of-the-art athletic facility that provides the “best of the best” including: an artificial turf field by Field Turf, a Beynon BSS1000 running track surface, Musco Sports Lights and a Farley Group winter dome. Monarch Park Stadium and Central Tech Stadium are home to dozens of user groups, highly sought after for special events and also home to fast-growing youth and community programs like Summer Camps, After-School Clubs and Little LEAGUERS.
We are hiring for the following position: FACILITY STAFF – PART-TIME POSITION
Job Description – Under the direction of the Manager of Operations, or other appropriate administrative staff, the Facility Staff are responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operations of each facility. Facility Staff are responsible for the on-the-ground operations of each facility during rental periods, which occur on weekday evenings and weekends.
Minimum Job Requirements: The successful candidate must possess the following skills and certifications:
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR-B certification. The certification must be current during the employment period.
- Ability to perform physically strenuous tasks such as, but not limited to: moving soccer nets, pulling divider nets, storing inventory, and installing football posts.
- Previous experience in a sport or recreation setting.
- Confidence in performing detailed administrative tasks independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Proven problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Records Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the City of Toronto.
- Ensuring the facility is kept safe, clean, and well maintained.
- Communicating with user groups and community members.
- Keeping accurate records of inventory and concession sales.
- Communicating issues, updates, and incidents to upper management.
- Monitoring track and field usage, enforcing facility rules, assisting with field and user group transitions.
- Responding promptly to scheduling requests and availability for shifts.
- Professional, respectful manner and appearance.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, vendors and contractors.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- General computer and numeracy skills;
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task various competing and equally important tasks/initiatives;
Compensation: Hourly Wage: Minimum wage to $15.00/hour (To be determined based on individual skills, experience and availability)