Research from the Benefits Hub
- The Economic Impact of Local Parks
2015 | USA
- America’s local and regional public park agencies generated nearly $140 billion in economic activity and supported almost 1 million jobs from their operations and capital spending alone in 2013.
- The Economic Value of Quiet Recreation
2016 - USA
Nonmotorized recreation on the public lands overseen by the Bureau of Land Management supports 25,000 jobs and generates $2.8 billion for the US economy.
Visit our entire collection of research on the benefits of engaging in leisure and active Living
Resources from the National Recreation Database
- Yukon Community Recreation Leaders Guide for Rural, Remote and Northern Communities
Yukon Government Sport and Recreation Branch (SARB) funded the development of the Yukon Community Recreation Leaders Guide to strengthen the capacity for recreation in Yukon’s rural and remote communities.
- Recreation Infrastructure Reports Reports from provincial and territorial governments and professional associations regarding the status and future of municipal recreation infrastructure across Canada.
- Active Canada 20/20: A Physical Activity Strategy and Change Agenda for Canada
Active Canada 20/20 | 2015
A clear vision and a change agenda to describe what Canada must do to increase physical activity and reduce sedentary behaviour, thereby reducing risk and achieving the many benefits of a society that is active and healthy. It demonstrates the actions that we must take to strengthen Canada, by making physical activity an important cultural trademark.
- Volunteers, Community and Place
University of Alberta | 2015
A presentation based on a study by Dr. Tom Hinch, that will help event organizers and hosts increase recreation capacity, which is a key goal of the Framework for Recreation in Canada 2015 and the Active Alberta policy.
Find more resources related to recreation capacity by searching the National Recreation Database