2018 ONference Call For Presenters: Deadline October 20, 2017
Parks and Recreation Ontario is hosting the 2018 ONference, Ontario’s largest one-day knowledge exchange for Managers and Staff working in recreation-based after school programs. It's designed to:
- offer information on trends and issues relevant to working in after school recreation programs
- share information on best practices - what works and why
- develop networks to strengthen the approach to working with children and youth
The ONference audience is supervisors, coordinators and all staff of recreation-based after school programs within municipal, not-for-profit, health promotion and educational settings.
Presentations will be 50 minutes long and, for the benefit of the audience, selected sessions will have a mix of:
- information, tools and/or strategies which can be used/applied by delegates when they return home (not just a show and tell presentation):
- physical activity: and
- small group work or table discussion.
Presentations, which are supported by or linked to the following, will be viewed favourably:
- Evidence-based research
- Formal evaluations