Every day LIN staff monitor hundreds of newspapers and broadcasters, dozens of listservs, web sites, government news sources, press releases and information supplied by our site users to bring you the latest and hottest in leisure, recreation, parks and healthy living. If you have relevant news or events you would like us to publicize, tell us about it.
Recreation Connections Manitoba Therapeutic Recreation Professional Development Day: Call for Presenters: Deadline May 15, 2017
The Recreation Connections Manitoba Therapeutic Recreation Professional Development Day will be held Wednesday, September 27th, 2017, at Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, Winnipeg.
The workshops are designed to provide Therapeutic Recreation professionals with tools, resources, and practical information they can use within their respective facilities, programs and/or profession.
The Central East Physical Literacy Summit, to be held Apr 29, 2017, is accepting submissions for that combine practical take-home information with hands-on activities, small group discussion, and interactive tools. Submissions are sought on topics/best practices in:
· Developing physical literacy in a community
· Movement skills across the lifespan
· Developing and sustaining physical literacy programs
· Encouraging school-based physical literacy & daily physical activity
· Physical literacy and adapted activity for inclusive environments
· Assessment tools for physical literacy
· Parent and family engagement and education
· Cross-sector engagement and networking
· Active Start programs for children aged 0-6
· Physical activity and Active for Life programs for adults/older adults
· Program evaluation
· Future/emerging trends
Deadline for session submission is January 11, 2017