Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
Provides voluntary and not-for-profit organizations with a philosophical framework for involving volunteers at the governance, leadership and direct service levels. The Code outlines the values, principles, and standards for effective volunteer practices within organizations. It also includes the Organization Standards Checklist, which will assist organizations to evaluate and improve their volunteer programs.
Includes links to:
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement – Full Version — The full version gives in-depth explanations of the different parts of the Code. It includes a checklist to help organizations implement recommendations in the document.
- Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement – Pamphlet — This bilingual booklet gives a summary of the information found in the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
- Volunteer Involvement Audit Tool — Organizations can use this tool to assess their volunteer programs. It’s intended for organizations that have already adopted the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement as well as those that haven’t.
- A Guide to Cultural Competency Application of the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement — The goal of this guide is to show organizations ways to be welcoming of new Canadians. Using the guide, organizations can build inclusive volunteer programs.
- Harbourfront Centre Case Study - This case study is intended to provide an example of how Harbourfront Centre reviewed the Code and set forth a thorough review of each of the organizational standards.