Canadian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines / 24-hour Movement Guidelines / Key Messages - all ages/languages
These various guidelines include the following:
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for the Early Years 0-4 (2012)
- Canadian Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for the Early Years 0-4 (2012)
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for Adults 18-64 years (2011)
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for Older Adults 65 years and older (2011)
- Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Children and Youth (5–17) (2016)
Guidelines available in Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun thanks to translation by the Government of Nunavut include those for: Children 5-11 years; Youth 12-17 years; Adults 18-64 years; and, Older Adults 65 years and older. The translated Sedentary Behaviour guidelines include those for Children 5-11 years and Youth 12-17 years.
The Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines Key Messages (2017), produced by PARC, provide consistent messaging on physical activity and sedentary behaviour that can be used in all communication strategies. It encompasses the Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines, and the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines and the Canadian Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines.
The Key Messages Document is available electronically in English and in French. Other languages available include Inuktitut and Inuinnaqtun.