Canadian Coalition for Accessible Playspaces
Children’s Playspaces and Equipment that are Accessible to Persons with Disabilities: CAN/CSA-Z614 Annex H FAQ
Accessible Playspaces Annex H Fact Sheet
This frequently asked question sheet provides important information on the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), Annex H document for owner/operators wishing to incorporate accessibility into new or redeveloped playspace initiatives.
It looks at the following topics:
- Why is it important for owner/operators to ensure accessible playspaces?
- How does Annex H support accessibility in playspaces?
- How does Annex H work?
- How does an owner/operator apply Annex H?
- Are there additional costs associated with implementing Annex H?
- Can owner/operators go beyond the minimum requirements outlined in Annex H?
- Is Annex H aligned with other accessiblity guidelines or standards?
- Where can I learn more about Annex H?