MP: Cold Lake Open Space and Linkages Plan
The purpose of the Open Space and Linkages Plan is to provide an up-to-date and cohesive policy that directs the acquisition, development and management of open spaces and linkages in the City. The Plan outlines strategies for achieving the following objectives:
- Identify planning priorities;
- Define standards for the management and operation of existing and future open spaces and linkages;
- Enhance the diversity and quality of recreational opportunities for residents;
- Outline implementation strategies that expand the scope of this policy; and
- Balance both financial and environmental sustainability.
The Open Space and Linkages Plan is a Council approved directive which outlines a policy framework while accompanying guidelines provide flexible tools that assist in achieving the policy. The Plan is also a tool to assist decision-makers, stakeholders and the general public in determining needs and priorities related to the parks and recreation needs of the City of Cold Lake.
The purpose of the Plan is to provide an action plan that directs the development of future municipal open spaces and linkages in a fiscally and environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.