Ice Allocation Policy: City of Oshawa
The City of Oshawa’s goal is to promote and encourage participation in ice sports to the overall benefit of the community. This 2012 Ice Allocation Policy was originally developed and approved in 2005. The Policy serves as a means to address changing demographics in Oshawa, market supply of indoor ice, the distribution of ice in a fair and equitable manner, and the successful ongoing management of ice.
The Policies identified in this document establish and clarify the City’s responsibility for ice allocation and administration and its commitment to the management of:
- ice facility operations and capacities
- ice allocation and distribution
- the processing and management of tournament, special event and seasonal ice permits
- special ice management issues, and
- general administration requirements