Alberta Centre for Active Living
Increasing Physical Activity and Decreasing Sedentary Behaviour in the Workplace
The purpose of this project was to:
- describe the most effective workplace interventions at increasing physical activity and decreasing sedentary behaviour,
- identify tools to assist with the implementation of workplace interventions, and
- provide general recommendations to workplaces and workplace champions on developing and maintaining a workplace that moves more and sits less.
The following series of documents provides practitioners and decision-makers with information on choosing and implementing effective workplace physical activity and sedentary behaviour interventions.
- Executive Summary
- Summary 1: Challenges and Competitions
- Summary 2: Information and Counselling
- Summary 3: Organizational Culture and Norms
- Summary 4: Access and the Physical Environment