Ontario Municipal Knowledge Network
Promising Practices in Parks & Recreation: Final Report
Promising Practices in Parks and Recreation
The objective of this project was to identify best practices in municipal parks and recreation and support the sector by:
- Equipping the sector with the capacity to assess its performance
- Building the capacity of the sector to improve its performance
- Building understanding of the current state of the parks and recreation sector today.
Three types of practices were investigated in detail:
- Agreements with school boards
- Community engagement - leveraging volunteer time and resources
- Community facility partnerships.