Richmond, City of
Volunteer Management Strategy / Demystifying the Volunteer Management Strategy (2011)
The Strategy focuses on five strategic directions:
- Manage volunteers through a technology-based Volunteer Management System.
- Work together with other organizations across Richmond to achieve a synergy and sharing of process, training, tools, costs and volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with other organizations to assist them in building their own capacity to recruit and manage volunteers, without duplicating efforts, but by building a seamless system.
- Raise the profile of volunteers in the community through enhancing recognition programs.
- Develop consistent procedures and standards by centralizing certain activities such as screening, risk management, orientation, evaluation and recognition