Complimentary Ski Passes for Disabled Skiers
Organization Sponsor: Alpine Ski Nova Scotia
Organization Partner: CADS Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing
The Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing is a volunteer based organization having as its main objective, assisting individuals with a disability to lead richer and fuller lives through active participation in recreational and competitive snow skiing and snowboarding.
Becoming a member of CADS – NS will allow you to access the following incentives:
• Complimentary ski passes at the ski hills in Nova Scotia for the disabled members. General/support members are not eligible for the complimentary ski pass
• Access to CADS – NS adaptive equipment at the ski hills in Nova Scotia (a reminder to phone ahead to see what equipment is available).
• CADS National membership insurance
• You will receive newsletters from CADS National
• If you are skiing outside of NS—call ahead to the Ski School at the hill you will be visiting to see what is offered to CADS members , and what equipment is available.
If you require lessons you need to pay for the instructors.
Free with CADS Membership ($35.00)
CADS and Alpine Ski Nova Scotia
This program provides assess to adaptive equipment, insurance and free hill passes. This is in partnership with local ski slopes in Nova Scotia. Can sign up online.
CADS has 1130 disabled members and 1900 abled-bodied volunteers from all regions of Canada
Feed back from participants and provincial partner organizations.
The support of volunteers, provincial organizations, ski clubs help make this successful.
The weather or crowed slopes can be a problem. Check weather and peak times before choosing your ski days.
This program began in 2000.